Audiocodes a rendu disponible une nouvelle version logicielle majeure pour ces passerelles de types SBC et Media gateway.
Date: 10 mai 2022
Principales nouvelles fonctionnalités:
- Dedicated TCP Connection per User: SBCs can now be configured to use a dedicated TCP/TLS connection per user listed in the SBC User Information table. All SIP dialogs (e.g., REGISTER and INVITE) originating from the user are sent over this dedicated connection. This feature is required, for example, in avalanche scenarios that initiate many SIP registers from the SBC and an external firewall wrongly interprets these as DoS attack if they come from the same IP address.
- Reduced Media Port Range: SBCs can now allocate their local UDP ports for media in increments of 2 (instead of 4). This modification increases the maximum number of sessions that can be allocated per network interface and reduces that number of ports that need to be configured on external firewalls.
- Automatic Networking Configuration for Mediant VE and CE SBCs in AWS and Azure Environments:
- For Azure environments, the SBC now supports automated networking configuration.
- For AWS environments, the automated networking configuration has been enhanced. The new implementation is more robust and fully compatible with Instance Metadata Service Version 2 (IMDSv2).
These enhancements simplify SBC networking configuration, reduce potential manual errors and shorten time to deployment.
- Weak Password Detection: SBCs can now be configured to detect and alert if a management user has been configured with a weak password.
- SBC User Information Capacity Increase: The maximum number of supported far-end users (configured in the User Information table) for Mediant Software and Mediant 90xx has been increased from 20,000 to 50,000. This is advantageous in access SBC and remote workers use cases.
- Hitless License Upgrade for WebRTC and SIPREC: The Hitless License Key Upgrade feature for SBCs in High-Availability (HA) mode now also supports WebRTC and SIPREC licenses. This is added to the currently supported hitless license upgrade for SBC sessions, transcoding sessions, and far-end users (FEU) licenses. With this extended HA support, WebRTC and SIPREC deployments can assure high service availability also when upgrading the SBC feature keys.
- Call Duration Limit for Free Trial Evaluation of Mediant Software: When using the free trial offered by AudioCodes for evaluation purposes (without installing a License Key), the duration of the three allowed calls is now limited to a maximum of three minutes.
- Removal of CSRC Identifiers from RTP Packets: The SBC can now remove CSRC identifiers from RTP packets without using transcoding capabilities. Removing CSRC may be useful in certain scenarios, for example, when a call is sent to a third-party application such as voicemail and the presence of CSRC causes a reduction in voice quality. This new feature does not consume transcoding resources that were required up until now.
Les produits concernés sont les suivants: Toutes les versions matérielles et logicielles SBC