Depuis quelques semaines déjà, Polycom a rendu disponible le firmware 1.1 pour son système de salle CX7000 spécialisé dans infrastructures Lync Serveur.
Cette mise à jour apporte les nouveautés suivantes:
- Support for Office 365 (both Shared and Dedicated) – more on this later!
- Standalone-mode – sign into Lync without the need to add the system to the domain (previously required)
- Ability to daisy-chain either Polycom HDX Microphone Array or Ceiling Microphones (in both cases up to two can be linked together)
- Hot-desking capability (User Sign In) – idle session timeout can be set here so the CX7000 dedicated account will switch back for those using the room scheduling
- Utilise the CX5000 (RoundTable) for video input—including support for panoramic video—and as microphone and speaker
- Improved audio performance via Polycom Audio Echo Cancellation (AEC) enhancements
- Lync client is updated from CU4 to CU5 – more on this here
- Support for 11 user interface languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
- Ability for users to select a different input language for IM and contact search, reverts to system language after each conversation ends.
- Ability to override the Exchange Web Services autodiscover address and/or provide alternate e-mail/Exchange credentials
- Bandwidth reduction for VGA-based content
sharing – reduction is from 6MB to as low as 1MB, in situations where the content is static
L'update en 1.1 nécessite impérativement d'être en firmware 1.0.2:
"If your system is running version 1.0.1 software, update to version 1.0.2 software before you install version 1.1 software"
La release note est ici: http://downloads.polycom.com/video/cx7000/cx7000_rel_1_1_0.pdf
Le guide d'administration ici: http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/video/cx7000_admin_guide.pdf