Paul vient de publier un interessant outil de management pour Lync sur le technet.
The Lync Control panel is great for general user management BUT..
it has limitations. Some of these I come across regularly are as follows:-
- Private numbers are added from the Management Shell ONLY
- Set a PIN as you create the user in one step
- Voice mail\Unified Messaging requires a trip to the Exchange servers
- No way to compare or match users common attributes such as the numerous policies that can be assigned.
Lync User Manager offers a single window to take care of Lync and Unified Messaging Moves, Adds, Changes and Deletions. Add to that the ability to compare users side-by-side AND even match and save to "copy" another users policies.
Connecting to the Servers
- Launch Lync User Manager
- You will be presented with a credentials window to authenticate your admin account against AD, Exchange and Lync.
3. Fill in your AD, Exchange and Lync Server connection details. Remote PS sessions will be fired off to these in the background.
Adding a new Lync user
NOTE Currently, the AD user needs to already exist. I may include this in vNext based on demand.
2. Fill in the user details as you skip through the Personal Attributes, Common Attributes and UM Attributes.
Change an existing user
- Fill in the User Name in the User Name box (either User 1 or User 2 panes can be used - makes no difference at all).
- Click , the user details will populate the boxes defining the users current setup. TIP If no data is returned then the user does not exist as a Lync\UM user (yet).
- Manage changes to the data in the boxes as required and click to commit the changes.
- To check that the changes have been made click to clear the search results followed by to re-populate the results boxes
TIP You may have to wait a few seconds for the changes to reflect as they could take a few seconds to be committed.
Changing (Adding\Removing or Changing) Line URI
Setting a PIN
Copy user is perhaps my favorite function. You can use copy both when adding new or when changing an existing user.
Copy to Add new
- Find a template user in User 2 pane
- Add a new user in the User 1 pane by copying the common attributes
- Fill in the Personal and UM attributes and click
- Check your work, click followed by to see your new user details.
Copy to Change a user to match another
- Find the Template user in the User 1 pane (Remember that the 2 pains are totally interchangeable)
- Find the User to change in the User 2 pane.
- Click the button in the User 2 pane so that the common attributes and UM Policy of User 2 now mirror that of User 1.
- Click on the button in the User 2 Pane to commit the change
- Check your work using followed by
- Type the user name in the user name box and click
- Click to delete BOTH the Lync User and the UM user details.
- You will be prompted to disable the UM mailbox
V18.104.22.168 - First release
Only tested against Lync 2013
And of course, this tool can be run remotely (RSAT may be required in some scenarios)
Please let me know of any bugs as well as suggestions.