Microsoft released the July update of the DSC Resource Kit. 12 modules have been updated :
For more details => https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2018/07/25/dsc-resource-kit-release-july-2018/
In my obsession about automation, I never took the time to automate my own laptop reconfiguration (yeah I know, poor me ...). I have my up to date Windows 10 image with my drivers, but that's all. I never automated my software reinstallation or my Windows 10 configuration as I like it :)
So the last couple of days, I've decided to do so :)
You'll find in my GitHub repo a script doing these steps :
For the configuration functions, I used some functions developped by Ali Robertson in its script reclaimWindows10.ps1
You'll find my script on my GitHub repository : Direct Link to the script
Yesterday I was helping a customer on the creation of a particular workflow and when we published it we had this error : Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.
The detailed message on SharePoint ULS was :
Microsoft.Workflow.Client.WorkflowCommunicationException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled. Client ActivityId : 7a290e9c-0917-7088-afc4-e65fd25c5c0b. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled. ---> System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The requested service, 'net.pipe://localhost/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc' could not be activated. See the server's diagnostic trace logs for more information
After searching on the web and trying some well documented solutions, I finally found what was the cause of our issue. The service Net.Pipe Listener Adapter wasn't started on the SharePoint web server. After I started it, I was able to publish the workflow.